Assistant Director, Performance + Education
This position will support our existing education programs, develop the youth orchestra program, and support the organization’s growth as we develop new steelpan education programs designed around historic preservation, culture, and steelpan manufacturing.
The Assistant Director, Performance + Education will primarily manage our cultural and music education programs. The AD will assist with curriculum and program development, lead educational activities, and develop program evaluation tools and metrics.
The Assistant Director, Performance + Education will be responsible for coordinating and scheduling all performances for our musical groups as well as workshops and interactive activities.
The Assistant Director, Performance + Education will work with our musical groups (Youth Ensemble, Youth Orchestra, Rhythm ‘n’ Steel) to improve their skills and prepare for performances. Responsibilities could include leading classes, conducting/coordinating one on one practices, and leading group rehearsals.
The person best suited for this role will be well organized, creative, empathetic, inclusive, and dependable. We’re looking for someone who has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to encourage and excite. In addition to these skills and personality traits the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience programming and/or leading music or art related programs
- Knowledge of music and performance
- Experience with youth or education
- Marketing, Communications, and Social Media skills and/or experience
- Strong customer service skills
Additionally the AD must:
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, based on our programs and activities
- Have reliable transportation
- Obtain all clearances including a criminal background check
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.